Today’s recipe is a classic dish that everyone loves, prepared the Bulgarian way: Bulgarian Chicken Noodle Soup.
I hope you’ll like & try this recipe!
3 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breast or whole chicken
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp plain Bulgarian yogurt or plain yogurt, not Greek
1/2 bunch parsley
1/5 bag of spaghetti
3 medium size potatoes
2 large carrots
1/2 white or red onion
1 large red bell pepper
1 tbsp butter
1. Clean the chicken thighs and remove the skin
2. Place them in a pot with 1 ltr of water and put the heat on high.
3. Wash and chop the carrots, parsnip, onion and potatoes and put in the pot with the chicken.
4. Let it boil for 30min on low heat.
5. Break the spaghetti and add them to the pot. Keep it boiling until all ingredients are fully cooked.
6. Take the chicken thighs out and shred the meat off the bone.
7. Place the meat back in soup pot.
8. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white and mix the yolk with the yogurt in a large bowl.
9. Slowly add some of the broth to the egg/ yogurt mixture, do not rush it or the egg will split from the heat.
10. Add 2-3 full ladles of the broth and then do the same from the bowl to the soup pot. Put back the egg/yogurt broth mixture back in the pot by pouring it slowly and turn off the heat. The egg will be cooked already.
Add the chopped bell peppers and parsley and finish it with tbsp of butter.
Mix it all in and the soup is ready.