Today we offer you a very simple, yet filling and delicious version of a Bulgarian breakfast. So easy to prepare and so yummy to eat. Peep the recipe below and we hope you’ll like it! 🙂
For the Shopska Salad (for 4 people):
4 roasted peppers, peeled
4 tbsp sunflower oil
For the breakfast (for 1 person):
1 English muffin or 2 slices rustic bread
½ bunch asparagus
2 medium potatoes (in the video I’m using FF bought frozen)
4-5 button mushrooms or choose your own mushrooms, whatever is your favourite
A handful of chopped parsley, salt and pepper
For the Shopska Salad:
1. Chop all veggies in a bowl and add the sunflower oil and juice from the roasted red pepper. The juice will flavor the dressing of the salad.
2. Set aside, so all the flavours can blend together.
3. Sprinkle with feta at the end. In Bulgaria we usually grate the cheese and top with chopped parsley. I personally like the feta chunky. Your choice. Serve with breakfast. Yumm!!!
For the breakfast:
1. Heat up the oven to 400F and place the FF in a baking dish with wax paper sprayed with oil for an easy bake release.
2. Soak the eggs in cold water, to check if they are fresh.
3. Chop the mushrooms and sautee until golden brown.
4. Peel the asparagus, and after removing the mushrooms, use the same oil to sautee the asparagus for 2 minutes tops.
5. Remove the asparagus and use the same oil to fry the eggs until over easy – egg whites should be fully cooked, but soft and the yolk – runny.
6. In the meantime, toast your bread and butter it.
7. Check your FF, take them out when they are golden and crispy. Grate feta on top of the FF while hot, so it can melt.